Tuesday, January 11, 2011

2011 the year of big changes?

As a Taurus, I am pretty comfortable with the way things are. We, the Tauruses,  are born somewhere between April 21 - May 21 and are too stubborn to change without reason. So, naturally, new years resolutions are not my favorite thing. I'm supposed to pick up a new hobby and travel across the world to adopt a child because it became midnight? Don't get me wrong, I am quite spontaneous when it comes to activities within my realm. But I'll stick to challenges I know I can accomplish.


Since I didn't know where to find my resolutions this year, I took each important part of my life and created a goal for it. In no particular order....

Fitness/Health - Yoga.
Career - Give everything a chance. Confidence is key.
Family - Call mom more.
Friends - Be fun. Be me. Be loyal.
Religion - Prayer.
Love - Create memories.
Life - Be myself.

I have officially shared way too much with the internet.

While we are on the subject of sharing our lives, let's discuss other personality traits of my zodiac sign. It is a well known fact that the Taurus is somewhat materialistic, amazing at shopping/finding bargains, and a fashion extradonaire. Although I may not be familiar with absurd changes, trying new styles will always be on my resolution list.



This year I want to try more patterns and experiment with louder color combinations such as olive and orange or different blues and greens together. However, I also love the minimalistic look we keep seeing on the runway. Calvin Klein always gets this style right. The trick is to wear blocked pieces and stick with neutral colors such as black, champagne, olive, and taupe. 


This year I embraced a touch of preppiness in many looks. I'm ready to go back to my 4th and 5th grade days and explore the laid back tomboy. But at the same time girlish chic is a hot trend right now and I can't resist a flowy dress in the summer...


Here are my inspiring looks for 2011, some influenced by my good friend in Thailand :) 




Winter/Fall




















Spring/Summer

















1 comment:

  1. Fun post to read! I NEED that Nanette Lepore piece!

    ReplyDelete